Weekly reports and parish updates are available for view / download by clicking here .
Greater Mission Team Arrives
On Monday July 11, the Greater Mission team, who will assist the Diocese of Lansing in conducting the Witness to Hope Capital Campaign, arrived in Lansing. The campaign team brings more than 150 years of combined campaign experience and will work shoulder to shoulder with pastors, parish leaders and parishioners to make the campaign a great success.
The team of directors assigned to the Witness to Hope Campaign has recently completed a record setting campaign in the Diocese of Richmond, Virginia, where more than $102 million was raised on a goal of $65 million. The team consists of:
- Frank Byrne, Senior Director, who will be working with St. Mark the Evangelist, Goodrich, Holy Rosary, Flint and St. Mary, Queen of Angels, Swartz Creek. Frank is from Charlotte, NC.
- Johnny Day, Senior Director, who will be working with St. Mary, Cathedral Parish, Lansing and Holy Spirit, Brighton. Johnny is from Mt. Carmel, TN.
- Courtney Atkinson-Curry, who will be working with Queen of the Miraculous Medal, Jackson and St. Mary on the Lake, Manitou Beach. Courtney is from Richmond, VA.
- Michael Bluemling, Jr., who will be working with the Catholic Community of St. Jude, DeWitt and St. Mary Magdalen, Brighton. Michael is from West Palm Beach, FL.
- John French, who will be working with St. Thomas the Apostle, Ann Arbor and St. Rita, Clarklake. John is from Chicago, IL.
- Joseph M. Citro, who will be working at St. James, Mason and SS. Cornelius & Cyprian, Leslie while assisting at Queens and Holy Family, Grand Blanc. Joe is from Baltimore, MD.
- Marty Alves, who will be working with Light of Christ, Deerfield and St. Anthony of Padua, Hillsdale. Marty is from Columbus, OH and assisted with the Diocesan Feasibility Study last summer.
This highly experienced team joins Anthony Gwiazdowski, Executive Vice-President & Partner of Greater Mission who has been working with the diocese for more than a year and who will serve as the Campaign Executive Director. Tony is from Providence, RI. Serving as the Associate Executive Director is Donna J. Marino, Sr. Vice-President of Greater Mission. Donna is from Phoenix, AZ and in addition to assisting with campaign leadership will be working with Holy Family, Grand Blanc and the five Catholic Charities agencies of the diocese on a separate project.
In addition to the Greater Mission staff, Patricia O’Hearn and Lisa Weber from the Diocesan Development staff will be providing important assistance with campaign administration, the Leadership Gift phase, parish support and feasibility studies for parishes wishing to conduct combined campaigns.